Why Social Media? The digital space is vast and social media is the harness that pulls in every target audience imaginable through its unique ecology.
Utilizing social media marketing techniques, digital rapport building and sheer charm, we’ve successfully launched brands into stardom. Social media marketing as we practice it is about finding and engaging your customers. And giving them a reason to stay connected.
What is Social Media? Social media is a fancy term for “word of mouth” marketing. According to Wikipedia, it “refers to the use of web-based and mobile technologies to turn communication into an interactive dialogue.” Social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Flickr, Tumblr and more exist with the purpose to create communities of users online who can share ideas, exchange opinions and generally stay connected with one another.
What are the benefits of Social Media marketing (SMO)? SMO allows you to develop an approachable voice for your brand. Some benefits include:
Power of Persuasion – Just getting a single customer to “Like” or “Recommend” your product means all of his or her friends will also see that they trust your brand.
Instant reaction – get to know what your customers think of a new initiative, product or even advertisement, instantly.
Low Cost, High Rewards – With Social Media Marketing (SMM), you’re also engaging in content marketing, by which your ratings on search engines see significant increases.
Reliable – Traditional advertisements are mostly ignored by the modern consumer who is more likely to read a post from a friend rather than pay attention to a fancy ad display online or traditional media.
- More than 500 million users exist on Facebook alone, whereby if it were a country, it would be the third largest, behind China and India.
- Twitter is the platform for revolution. For brands, it is a PR tool, customer service module and a branding powerhouse.
- There are more than 100 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
- Twitter gets more than 300,000 new users every day.
- India is one of the top 10 tweeting countries in the world.
- Oracle’s Chief Financial Officer, Jeff Epstein, was headhunted for his job via his LinkedIn profile.
- A new member joins LinkedIn every second.
- YouTube receives more than 2 billion viewers per day.
- 7 out of 10 Internet users in India watch at least one video on YouTube daily.
Keep up to date with the latest in social media trends via the DPM Social blog.